1.27.2012

70 - Vitamin String Quartet

I was on iTunes a few weeks ago, just browsing around for some new music, when I came across a string tribute to Coldplay album. The album is by the Vitamin String Quartet. I didn't really think anything of it, so I moved on to other things. Then, today, I randomly came across them again and kicked myself for not really giving them a listen. Not only do they have an entire album dedicated to Coldplay covers, but also have countless albums of other great covers. Stolen, Bohemian Rhapsody, Chasing Cars, Hallelujah, Bittersweet Symphony, All You Need is Love, Wonderwall, Stairway to Heaven, I'm Yours, Don't Stop Believin'... the list goes on.

I've never really been the biggest fan of classical music. It has its place (like when doing homework, or on Sundays) but I prefer other things. This music is great because it uses the songs that I love to better appreciate those instruments.

Anyway, I just got really excited about it. And I thought that if any of you like string versions of songs you should check out Vitamin String Quartet! Here are a few of their songs via YouTube.






No comments:

Post a Comment