1.07.2012

58 - Gifts

Christmas break was very fun, restful, and full of things I can post about!
However, most of the pictures I took are on my little camera with the weird memory card. As in, it won't go into my computer and I lost the USB a LONG time ago. I am already back in Logan, and uploading those pictures using our home computer is another thing on the long list of things I forgot to do. So, like so many other times on this blog, those pictures will have to wait. Instead, I'll share my gifts with you! 

A Kindle Touch
 I've ALWAYS been against Kindles. My dad bought the first generation when they were huge and could only hold about a hundred books. He was so excited to show me, and I was almost offended that Amazon was trying to make the printed word obsolete. Then, a few months ago a friend showed me hers and the electronic ink won me over. I still buy real books (in fact I bought four just two days ago), but I actually love this Kindle!

A pair of grey, herringbone textured Vans and grey TOMS
 My mom actually did a good job buying me shoes. I love Vans, and my other grey TOMS had holes in them. Also, the Vans have built in padding inside, like the Dr. Scholls kind, so they are SUPER comfortable. That on top of the fact that they're super cute means I wear them quite frequently.

Three scarves and two almost professional curling irons
 I love scarves. Naturally, I love receiving scarves. I have so many fancy scarves, so it was really nice getting some new winter ones. The blue-and-white striped (my school colors!) is from my mother, the dark orange is from my Grandma, and the melon cashmere scarf is from Cole's mom. (Isn't she so nice? It's 100% Cashmere. I love it, even if the color isn't something I would normally go for.) I have a CHI straightener, but no matter how many times people try to teach me, I cannot for the life of me curl my hair with it. My sister Kim is a cosmetologist and always tells me how easy it is but I just don't get it. When I try my hair either goes weirdly flat or poofy. Also, my hair is stalk-straight so curls don't stay in it for very long. My mom bought these really nice curling irons that will a) leave the curl in for longer and b) actually curl it! Haha. I tried one of them out already and they work great!

Midnight Pomegranate body lotion, a beanie from Zumiez, Carried Away shower gel
 The lotion is my mom's annual stocking stuffer, and the beanie is from Cole. Funny story about the shower gel -- it was a stocking stuffer at my dad's house. My dad shops a lot, but I would bet my life that he has never before walked into a Bath and Body Works. When I asked him about the shower gel, he said "Darcy" and it all made sense haha. He didn't willingly go into a BBW, his girlfriend did.

Books! 
You all know how much I love books. I especially love the nicely bound copies of old classics. I already have six or seven of them. My mother added to my collection Robert Louis Stevenson novels and War and Peace. The other books are Peter Pan (in novel form), a collection of Robert Frost poems, and the fourth book in the Inheritance series. (It just came out, in case you didn't already know.)

Luggage
 In my family, it's almost tradition for college kids to receive luggage as some sort of gift. Definitely will come in handy!

Scentsy fragrance light, Asian soup bowls and spoons, a kitchen knife set
I'm not allowed to have candles in my dorm so my sister thought the Scentsy fragrance light would help a lot! It doesn't have a live flame, just a hot bulb to melt the wax on top. Plus, it looks super cute and decorative. I've already used it, and it works great Kim :) The Asian bowls were a gift from my cousin. At our Christmas party, the older cousins have started a new tradition of replacing the usual gift-giving drawing of names with a Yankee Swap. That was my present! And the knives weren't actually a Christmas gift, but my sister Sara and her husband Tyler were D.I.-ing all of their old wedding gifts, and I don't have a knife set. They were so kind as to let me take it! 

I received other gifts from friends and family, as well. Thanks, everyone! It was a great Christmas this year. The gifts were only a small part of it. My real gift was the opportunity to come home for Christmas and spend it with the people I love :) 

Another late Christmas gift came when I woke up in Logan this morning! 




Snow!

No comments:

Post a Comment