2.01.2012

71 - Reading Riot no. 4

I know it's already Wednesday, but my book for last week was the sequel to Providence.

Providence book no.2 -- Requiem


As I'd hoped, this book was more well-written than the first one in the series. The premise of this sequel centers around the book that Nina and Jared gave back to Shax, a demon from Hell. (Remember -- Jared is a guardian angel.) It involves a prophecy and ancient bloodlines and all sorts of supernatural/religious plot twists. The ending of the book was a bit anticlimactic, but I almost feel like McGuire used this book as a set-up for the third one, which is due to be published in the next year.

These books are fun, quick reads if you're interested in stories like that. I don't regret reading them, but I won't be buying the actual book. (The e-book at the Kindle store was only 2.99 I think.. maybe only 1.99. I don't remember. But it was super cheap! Probably reflects the quality of the writing....)

No comments:

Post a Comment