1.16.2012

64 - Solid as a Rock. Hopefully.

Most of my extended family is participating in a 6-week physical health and general well-being challenge: The Rock Solid Challenge. It's a point system based on exercise, healthy acts, and spiritual habits. Today is the first day. Here is the daily point system:

Worth 1 pt -

  • no soda
  • no sweets
  • daily vitamin
  • no eating within 2 hrs of bed
  • 64 oz. of water
  • 7 hours of sleep
  • 2 servings of fruit
  • 4 servings of vegetables
  • 30 min. of exercise (up to 3 points)
  • floss teeth
  • read scriptures at least 10 minutes
  • prayer, morning and night
Things I'm struggling with as of day one:

  • Daily vitamin. I don't have those. So, I have to go to the store and buy them. 
  • 64 oz. of water. I don't really like water. I know what you're thinking and no, water isn't tasteless. It has a taste. It tastes like water. And I don't really like it haha. 64 oz. is approximately 3 servings of my water bottle, and I barely drink one a day as it is. It's hard... 
  • 4 servings of vegetables. Healthy food is expensive to buy! Also, I don't have a car and taking the bus to go grocery shopping is a hassle because if you have more than two bags it can get rather annoying. 
  • 30 min. of exercise. It's all well and good to get yourself excited the day before you plan on exercising, but when the time comes to actually do it? I live in Logan, Utah. It's cold outside. My apartment is warm. In order to go to the gym, I'd have to walk there, in the cold. You see my dilemma?
  • Floss teeth. I think this one is hard for most people. Most people in my family, anyway. 
The whole reason for this health challenge is to improve habits, though. It's 6 weeks long, and by the end, I will have healthier habits. I don't know if I'll be the epitome of health, but I will succeed in improving myself!

No comments:

Post a Comment