2.08.2012

75 - Little Surprise(s)

Today did not start out promising.

I got seven hours of sleep, but my roommate (who pulled an all-nighter) said that I was tossing and turning the whole night. Maybe this is normal for most people, but I'm usually deathly still when I sleep. I often interlace my fingers on top of my chest, and the result is that I look like I'm in a coffin. My bed at home sometimes serves as a second dresser because I only need about a quarter of the room to sleep... Anyway. I was tossing and turning all night, for whatever reason, and I woke up extremely tired.

I was falling asleep by my first class.

Regardless, I trudged forward in the day. I gave my first speech in Public Speaking on Friday, and we got our evaluations back today. I got an 18/20, which is a very good score! I was quite pleased. Then, my teacher decided she was feeling generous and let us out a half hour early!

My mood was quickly changing as I walked to my third class, Literary History of the Early Americas. In that class, all we did was discuss a presentation that was due in a week, and an easy but interesting one at that. We also got back quizzes we took a couple weeks ago, and I thought I had bombed it. But I got 11/12! It was the highest grade of anyone around me, and I thought I had completely failed.

Lunch was normal, and my high was sort of wearing off as I walked into my genetics class. This is the class I normally fall asleep in, and I did again today. But as I started to fall asleep, I twitched so violently that I jumped in my chair. Not only was I not embarrassed (I thought it was really funny, actually, which is weird because I kinda get embarrassed easily around strangers), but I also stayed awake the rest of the class.

To top it all off, I wore a really cute outfit today, and I swear that every girl who walked past me was internally complimenting me if they didn't out loud. AND I did the braid thing for my (kind of) bangs, and I only had to do it once. AND it started snowing as I was walking back to my apartment.

So, today did not start out promising. I did not expect it to go well. It looks like Someone up there decided to prove me wrong :)

This is my favorite song from Ingrid Michaelson's new album, Human Again. Give it a listen.

No comments:

Post a Comment