2.07.2012

74 - Crafty

As some of you may know, I moved to a different apartment a few weeks ago. It's in the same building, but it's also on the renovated side so the rooms are nicer! It's very nice. In my other apartment, every room had a door to the outside and a door to a small hallway that connected all the rooms. It was nice to have access to outside, but other than Molly I never saw my roommates. (Which probably turned out to be a good thing last semester... haha.) My new apartment is like a normal apartment! It has one door that opens to a living room, and the bedrooms and bathroom are down the hall. I love it. I especially love that I'm with friends :) (Molly and Rachael also live here.) I don't have Molly as a roommate anymore, but my new roommate, Kaisa, is great. Much better living situation!






I found that I had no place to put my earrings. In my old apartment, there was a velcro (the soft kind) covered shelf that I could put things on and not worry about them getting lost. But here, I only have a desk... so I thought of a creative way to keep my earrings safe. 



I actually thought it was very clever of me, haha. I figured that earrings are basically fancy push-pins with more dull edges, and since I had a cork board right there... it seemed perfect! Plus, I had another fun idea. I lost an earring to a pair of studs a while back, and I've just held onto the other matchless one. Since I was using the cork board as an earring holder, I didn't see why a matchless earring couldn't be used as a make-shift push pin! (My matchless earring is the one holding Kim and Brian's picture. I didn't take a picture of it though.) College is making me so crafty :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment