2.15.2012

78 - Be Mine

Valentine's Day was wonderful this year :)

It was on a Tuesday, so I got to start the day with my favorite class, Literary Analysis. We've been talking about poetry, and most of the class that day was spent discussing why most love poems are not actually love poems at all. Haha. Then, I went to the gym for a quick bike ride (mostly so I could get my hair a little bit dirty) and then I curled my hair. At around 6, I went over to Cole's apartment and we hung out for a couple hours before heading over to the Olive Garden for dinner. He'd made a reservation for 8:15 (smart), and we happily walked to our table, passing dozens of couples waiting in line for hours. Dinner was great and not only did our server give us double Andes mints, but it also started snowing when we walked out to the car! (It hasn't snowed in a very long time.) It was perfect. We ended the night cuddling on the couch, watching Crazy, Stupid, Love, and the snow was falling even more when he walked me back to my apartment.

Cole doesn't have a job and has to sell his plasma as a source of income, so money is scarce. The day before Valentine's Day, he'd asked me if I wanted flowers or to go out to dinner. I said dinner, obviously. Haha. But he surprised me with both. :) I had a fun time taking pictures of them...












He always picks out the coolest flowers. I think black-eyed daisies are so pretty and they were a fun contrast against the new snow! My roommate took a cool picture of me with one of the daisies...





I couldn't decide which one of them I liked the best... so I just put them all! Haha. Unfortunately, I didn't take my camera with me on our date, so I don't have any pictures. :( But, Cole's Valentine's present just came in the mail!


It's supposed to go on a keychain. We play this game sometimes, as a way to measure love (if that's even possible...) He wrote me an entire letter once, full of things that he loved. And he always said he loved me more :) I love books, as everybody knows, so I thought this would be a thoughtful reminder of how much I love him. Simple, and surprisingly inexpensive. That's my kind of gift.

Happy V-day, everyone. I hope it was simply wonderful.
Mine was.
:)

2 comments:

  1. My valentines day was WONDERFUL! And uh...*ahem* you WILL be calling me soon because I miss my Kolbizzle.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I miss you too :( and I want to hear ALL about your new boy! :)

      Delete