2.27.2012

80 - Noticing

Things I've noticed:


  • You can have more than one home, because home isn't a specific place. It's an atmosphere in which  you feel loved. 
  • It's ok to like things that you're not "supposed" to like. Don't buy into all that stereotypical crap. Like what you like, because you like it for a reason. 
  • School is hard sometimes, but it's worth it. College isn't the place to slack off. There are much less expensive places to be lazy. 
  • Kindles are really cool, and I was wrong to misjudge them. I can still love reading (and owning and buying) books and also like reading on my kindle. 
  • Going to the gym is empowering. I've made it part of my (mostly) daily routine, and I love it. It makes me feel productive and healthy. 
  • Setting goals actually works when you take them seriously. 
  • Earplugs are a great investment when you're living in a college dorm. 
  • Trusting is easier the more you do it. Pretending to trust someone is not the same thing as actually trusting them. It can be really hard, and it's not something that you can just jump into right away. Ease into it, and the bigger things will come naturally. 
  • You're never too young or too old to spend hour after hour laughing with people with whom you love to laugh. 
  • If you think you understand Utah weather just because you've lived here all of your life, you're wrong.  
  • A good book is still the best setting in which to get lost. 
  • Also, this:
Harry Potter jokes will always be funny. To me, at least.

-ka

No comments:

Post a Comment