11.03.2011

40 - Blessings

Remember that book I bought for the One Line Memoirs idea? If you don't, I wrote about it here.
Well, I did that for like three days and then stopped. Haha. But! I'm using it now for a good cause, everyday. It's my blessings journal. At the end of every day, I write down five good things that happened. Five blessings that I received that day.

Sometimes, to be considered a blessing, I have to look at it from a different perspective, but that's what I like so much about this idea. Now I'm looking everyday for the things that I'll be able to write down in my journal before I go to sleep. Now I'm looking at my life as if all of it is one big blessing.

Because it is. Life is a blessing. If you think about it, the fact that we're living is a medical miracle. There are so many things that our bodies can do that have no scientific explanation. They just are. And the fact that we are technically animals, but have so much depth and beauty amidst all of the pain is quite simply amazing.

Some of the blessings I've put down are:


  • Beautiful, autumn weather 
  • Having yoga be good exercise because I need it 
  • Having yoga be easier since it was so hard the day before
  • When a random friend calls me up to say hi
  • When they have mashed potatoes at the cafeteria by my apartment 
  • Having homework so I can be productive 
  • When my hair goes just the way it's supposed to (which hardly ever happens, by the way. It may look the same to you guys, but my hair doesn't ever do what I want it to do.) 
  • The relationships I have in my life (Cole, my family, my friends) That's a big one. 
  • Getting the chance to rest so I realize that I like being busy. 
  • Having the chance to prove to myself and everyone else who I really am. (That one's kind of personal for different people.) 
  • Going to a class I fully intended on skipping because it was Friday, and then discovering that there was a pop quiz. (That's actually happened more than once... mostly because I usually chicken out when wanting to skip a class. Haha. Old habits and all that...)
  • Having the chance to serve people

Those are just a few. I've been doing it nearly every night for about a month now, and it really has changed my perspective. Amazing how looking specifically for good things puts you in a habit of looking for them all the time.

I've been so philosophical lately. The next post will be a funny one, I promise.

:)

2 comments:

  1. I am really loving your blog! <3

    xoxo,

    Bonnie

    http://flashesofstyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much! :)

    ReplyDelete