11.06.2011

41 - Snow Place on Earth

When I first decided to move to Logan, my first thought was (as was everyone else's, I imagine) that Logan is very much known for being very cold and snowy 8 out of the 12 months in a year. My mother's take was that I am crazy. My sister is literally in love with snow, no matter what time of year, so she probably was jealous. I am more in the middle. Generally, I love snow. But it does get tiresome come the middle of March.

Be that as it may, I was excited for the snow.

So imagine my surprise when not only does it snow everywhere in Utah except for Logan, but also when it finally does snow in Logan it melts the next day! I've been looking at Kim's blog and Facebook pictures with the fun snow pictures, where the snow is abundant, and wishing that Logan would stay true to its reputation.

It snowed Friday night. Kind of stayed on Saturday. And then, as I was walking home from church today, I noticed the ground was not white anymore.

:(

Oh well.

I will just have to be patient for my snow to come. I will have to be patient for my chance to bundle up see my breath turn into little crystals in front of my face. I will have to be patient for the days holed up with a book, a blanket, and a mug of hot chocolate. I will have to be patient for my absolute favorite setting -- the kind that always makes me happy: a night-time walk during a light snowfall. I love looking up at the sky when it's snowing and dark because it makes me feel like there are stars all around me. It never fails to make me feel at peace.

It reminds me of how Lorelai feels about snow. In Gilmore Girls. It always brings happiness. Snow means Christmas, and snowmen, and snowball fights, and cuddling up with Cole when my nose is red and I'm freezing. Snow means taking walks with Cole, while our fingers are still laced together in his coat pocket because he won't let go. It means walking around temple square, with the lights and the music surrounding me. In Logan, I imagine it'll mean walking around the Logan temple. Or just around campus.

Temple square last year. 

One of the Luminaries. So pretty :)

Last birthday was the best birthday I've ever had. November 23rd, 2010. It also happened to snow about a foot and a half that night. When it started blizzarding, my whole family went outside to run around and enjoy the snowfall. Then my little sister was kind enough to take a really cute picture of Cole and me :)



One of my most favorite Christmas days was one that had a similar weather occurence. Christmas '08. Sara stayed at our house most of the vacation (as she hadn't met Tyler yet) and on Christmas her car was literally buried in snow. It was so much fun.

Sara's car buried in the snow

This is the Christmas I got my Canon Rebel. So this is a cool picture I took. 

Another attempt at a cool picture with my Rebel. 

So, yeah. I'm excited for the snow.
That doesn't make me crazy, right?
I have many more snow memories, too many to post. These are just some relatively recent ones.

Ooh another good snow storm happened on the opening night of Annie! That was a good night too!

Sorry if this broke my promise of a funny post. Hopefully my writing was at least witty.

No comments:

Post a Comment