11.17.2011

45 - A Night of Tragedy

Let me tell you a little story. 

Once upon a very recent time, in a very near place, some college freshmen were counting down the hours until they could register for classes. Being at the bottom of the totem pole, they had to wait days and days until it was their turn. 

Everyone knew the trick -- sign in at exactly midnight, and you'll most likely get the classes you want. The trouble is, everyone knew the trick. Everyone said that they were going to sign in at midnight. So when they did... the server crashed.

Chaos erupted. Students waited for minutes, and then hours, for the server to work again. But alas, to no avail. Most went to sleep, and then awoke early in the morning to discover that most, if not all, of their much needed classes were full. Poor, sad freshmen. You'll just have to wait your turn to be at the top again. 

What was I doing during this night of tragedy? 

I was sitting in bed, reading a book. And laughing to myself. 

I'm in the honors program, and I got to register a week ago. 

:) 

P.S. This is the book that I'm reading: 

1 comment:

  1. You should get Sara to finish that book.

    ReplyDelete