8.06.2011

13 - One Line Memoirs

I'm fascinated with books. Anything to do with paper, really. Journals, sketch books, manuscripts... I made a calligraphy pen once, when I was 11. It didn't really work, but I wish I still had it for future posterity.

Anyway, on Friday I went shopping with my step-grandmother for Christmas/birthday presents (she likes to pick them all out in one go, at the same time.) We went to Target, Old Navy, and Barnes and Noble. My FAVORITE store. I could wander around a book store for hours and not even notice. And in Barnes and Noble, I always meander my way to the journal section. I found a journal there entitled "One Line", a memoir of five years. The point of the book was to write one line from each day of your life for five years, and then you'd have an autobiography. I was intrigued by that idea, but didn't want to pay the $15 for it.

Then, I saw this.


It's a little notebook with a drawing of Jane Austen on it.

I love Jane Austen.

And this book was only $10. So, I chose that one. And I have thus decided to dedicate it to being my One Line Memoir. Don't get me wrong, I'm an avid journal writer. But as of late I've needed a more... creative outlet. I'll continue writing in my journal, but I'm excited for this too.  I have only to choose the right day to start, because once I start, I will not be able to stop. You see, I have a nasty habit of starting projects I think would be interesting and then stopping midway. But I am determined.

I will do it.

With Jane as my witness, I will finish this.

4 comments:

  1. You should start it on your first day of college! Or the day you move out to go to college. That would be coot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I meant cool but coot is better, so I'm gonna leave it as coot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, I was thinking like the first actual day of me living there. Well... the second haha. I move in on a Saturday, so I was thinking the next Monday. You should copy my idea and then we can read them in five years together!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, it's not really MY idea haha. What I meant was, you should copy the idea I copied from a book in Barnes and Noble.

    ReplyDelete