11.19.2011

46 - Leftovers

Isn't it funny how America is characterized? We have always been "the melting pot". Just a bunch of other cultures mixed together to create one obese superpower. There are, however, a few things that America in itself does hold a claim to:

Hollywood...Apple... Rock and Roll...
(Although, arguably, some of the greatest classic rock bands did originate in Great Britain.)

and also,

Hamburgers.

 If you want to have an authentic American meal, a hamburger would be the closest you can get. (Also a hotdog, but I don't like them much so they don't matter. Unless it's a chili dog.)

Today, I had that authentic American meal, complete with french fries on the side. I could only eat half of my burger, and that was very sad for me. However, being the thinker that he is, Cole put my hamburger in a to-go box and I brought it back to Logan with me. I know what you're thinking. Heated up, leftover hamburgers are gross. But. Have you ever actually tried it, or did you just shudder at the thought and never gave it a go?

I was very hungry when we got back to Logan. Neither of us really have money to spend on fast food. So, I reheated the hamburger.

It was the best darn reheated hamburger I have ever had. Even the lettuce went in the microwave, which just gave it kind of a lettuce wrap feel to the eating experience. There was still some crunch, but it was warm.

I know that some of you may be gagging right now, even judging me. Maybe it was the hunger that made it so good. Maybe I was just imagining eating the real one. (Not that the reheated one isn't real...) Maybe being a college student has changed my opinion of acceptable food to eat. I don't know.

All I know is, that hamburger was great.
And it was reheated in the microwave for 45 seconds.

Typing of hamburgers, looks at this:

Oh, America. How I love you.

1 comment:

  1. Reasons why you're my best friend:
    1) You write blog posts about hamburgers
    2)
    3) .....

    ReplyDelete