7.15.2011

7 - Advanced Placement

Let me start out by saying that this post is in no way meant to be a post of congratulations towards me. It's not. This post is an urging for those in high school, or have loved ones in high school, to consider (and consider again after you've decided that its not worth it) the advanced placement program.

I know there are a lot of different stories, and it really does depend on where you go to college. But I took entirely too many AP classes and expected next to nothing in return when I actually was in college because so many people told me that all they got out of taking those stupid tests was elective credit. Oh how wrong I was.

You see, I went to my orientation today at Utah State University. There, I signed up for classes with my advisor, assigned by major. Lucky me, English Education is one of the longest degrees. He said, with all the other general requirements, it usually takes about five and a half years. That time period seemed a bit daunting. So we set out to fulfill my generals when he got a look at my AP credit score. And one by one, checked the little boxes on the piece of paper he gave me. 

Long story short, by the end of fall semester, I will have fulfilled ALL the requirements for my generals. 

No, I'm not kidding. 

Now, like I said, it entirely depends on the college of your choice. It just so happens that USU was really awesome. :) 

So I have my generals done, and to put icing on the cake, I only have ONE class on Tuesdays and Thursdays. 

I love college. 


No comments:

Post a Comment