9.11.2011

29 - Tiles for America

When I went to New York in June, I had to opportunity to see Tiles for America, a memorial on Greenwich Avenue that locals put together. It's a chain link fence filled with tiles made by people affected by 9/11. Unfortunately, I can't find the cord for my camera with my pictures, so I'll post them later. But for now I'll put pictures that I found online.






I was really emotional walking past all of the tiles. The memorials. The memories. No one in my family died that day. I was only 9 when it happened. But it's a hurt that every American feels, one that will always be felt.



I remember.
And I will never forget.
That day when I was walking past the fence and looking at the tiles, I had one of the strongest feelings of national pride I've ever had. I am an American, and I am proud.

Just remember. It's the land of the free, because of the brave.
And freedom always comes with a price.


No comments:

Post a Comment