8.22.2012

100 - I'm Proud

I don't know if you noticed, but my countdown is gone. I've kind of neglected this blog the past few months, but I wanted to save my 100th post for something really special. I've been waiting to upload to the pictures for this very special post, which is why it's taken so long. But, here it is:







Cole is home, and he is officially a member of the U.S. Army. He's a candidate for Officer, and he'll be completing his requirements via the ROTC at our school. It took me a while to really get used to the idea, but I'm so proud of him. I'm so proud that he would be willing to sacrifice so much for what he believes in.

I went to South Carolina to go to his graduation and bring him home. While I was there, I was overwhelmed with emotions. My emotions about him, what he's doing, our country, family... everything. I'm so proud to be an American, and I'm so lucky that I have so many heroes in my life. I truly believe that soldiers are American heroes, and I just happen to be in love with one.

I love my soldier. And I'm proud of his choices.

-ka


No comments:

Post a Comment