6.06.2012

92 - My Life has a Plan

It's amazing how life experiences prepare us for other life experiences in ways we never even imagined. Somethings can happen, and it makes no sense at the time. You think how confusing life is and why, when you do everything right, things somehow go wrong. Out of the blue. No warning. Then, when something even bigger than you happens, that confusing trial is suddenly a blessing in disguise.

Preparation is key to almost everything. Sometimes, preparation means doing your homework the day you get it instead of the day it's due. Sometimes, preparation means running increasing distances over a month. Sometimes, preparation means careful introspection. And sometimes it means going through something hard. Every way, being prepared is, well, one key to a happy life.

Considering the way my life has gone, there really is no way that there isn't a plan, a design, a scheme, if you will. Every heartbreak was for a reason, and I am better for them. I am who I am moreso because of the trials and heartbreaks. I have confidence, I know who I am, and I have strong relationships. I am true to myself, and I don't let other people dictate my actions. I may listen to their advice, but, ultimately, I do what I believe to be true. These are traits I didn't always have. At least, they weren't as dominant as they are now.

I'm well aware that I'm young. I'm a wee baby adult. I still have so much life to live, and so much knowledge to learn. I'm not trying to act all mature or impress whoever's reading this. I guess I'm just trying to find the right words to explain how I'm feeling and what I've been pondering this last week.

There is a plan specifically designed for me. That's not to say that I have no choices, or that every choice will lead me to my designed destination, but there is a plan. In fact, that plan includes big things. I don't know exactly what they are yet, but I do know that the people who love me will be there with me. In my plan, there were also specific road bumps to prepare me for earthquakes.

Right now I'm going through an earthquake, and I'm so grateful for the road bumps that I was given before.

My life is a gift, my life has a plan, my life has a purpose.

Further proof that everything I really need to know I learned in Primary.

-ka

2 comments:

  1. I can't stop laughing at you phrase "wee baby adult." Also, very insightful post. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete