9.05.2010

1 - On the Brink


With this blog, I want to create. Inform. Inspire. Reflect. Shed new light on subjects that maybe you readers haven't really thought about. I may post lyrics, prose, quotes, or just some thoughts that I've been having. Of course, I'll keep family updated on my life :). But I also want this to be a place that people can come to seriously ponder. If you don't agree with things, feel free to comment and share your opinion.

You see, I am on the brink.



On the brink of adulthood, on the brink of independence, on the brink of a new path. A path that I know nothing about. I want to meet the people on that path, and show them that I am a force to be reckoned with. Not an ignorant kid, not a hormonal teenager, but a person. A person who knows what she wants and is willing to work hard to get it. I will show everyone the kind of person that I can be.

In one of my favorite musicals, Little Women, the main character sings a song to close the first act. In a way, she's turning her back on her childhood and realizing her potential. Her potential to be astonishing.

"I thought home was all I'd ever want

My attic all I'd ever need.
Now nothing feels the way it was before
And I don't know how to proceed.
I only know I'm meant for something more
I've got to know if I can be
Astonishing

There's a life
That I am meant to lead
A life like nothing I have known
I can feel it
And it's far from here
I've got to find it on my own

Even now I feel it's heat upon my skin.
A life of passion that pulls me from within,
A life that I am making to begin.
There must be somewhere I can be
Astonishing
Astonishing

I'll find my way
I'll find it far away
I'll find it in unexpected and unknown
I'll find my life in my own way
Today

Here I go
And there's no turning back
My great adventure has begun
I may be small
But I've got giant plans
To shine as brightly as the sun

I will blaze until I find my time and place
I will be fearless,
Surrendering modesty and grace
I will not disappear without a trace
I'll shout and start a riot
Be anything but quiet
Christopher Columbus!
I'll be Astonishing
Astonishing
Astonishing

At Last"

Everyone has divine potential. Whether you believe that potential comes from God or from something else, we still have it.

I'm on the brink
of becoming astonishing.

No comments:

Post a Comment